Friday, May 16, 2008

Before I Go To Bed (Version 1)

I've been home for seven days, and I've worked five.  Spicer Brothers is a good place to work though.  It's work that doesn't require much thinking.  And when the day is over, I can leave work at the store and go home.

I have a habit of worrying about everything I have to do.  This happened at school often, and it has transfered over to work.  At school, I would have five assignments, or big tests in two days, and I couldn't see them getting done.  Or at least without extreme suffering.  Eventually though, I would step back and tell myself, "No matter what, tomorrow, or next week, or the moment after the due date will come.  Whether I turn in the homework or not."  For some reason that always calmed me down.  I still had to do the work, but the prospect of the inevitable arrival of relaxation and carefreeness made the work easier.

I have had to remind myself of that several times in the last week at work.  When I get to the store in the morning, I don't leave again for eight and a half hours.  That's a long time.  But it's coming whether or not I work hard.  So I might as well work hard.  That could be a good way to live the rest of my life.

Also, the guitar player from Kutless shops at our store now.

No comments: