Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Viewing Points




Facebook Status for current blog:  Chris Spicer thinks that there are viewpoints along the highway of life; opportune roadside pull-offs that allow us to see the whole picture once again before heading off down the road.

One of my favorite viewpoints is at the edge of the Blue Mountains in eastern Oregon.  Before you descend the mountains to Pendleton, you have one last chance to pull off and appreciate the majestic landscape.  When I'm up there I feel like I'm bigger than the Blue Mountains and all of Oregon, even the Northwest and the entire Pacific Ocean.


In two weeks, I'll give all of that back.  Is it sad?  Or is it symbolic, to drive the other direction, not knowing when I'll see this view again?


I am sure that where one viewpoint ends, another begins.  I won't stop here on my drive to Idaho.  Right now, I don't think I need to see where I've been.  I'll keep the car and drive, searching for viewpoints that reveal where I'm going.

1 comment:

kylee said...

nice to hear you.
see you so oh so-oo-ooo-oo-ooo-oon